Here is an yummy and tasty Kurma like gravy / Kulambu with Bottle gourd. We call it as Sorakkai kuzhambu in Tamil. Sorakkai is known as Lauki in Hindi, Chorakka in Malayalam, Sorakaya in Telugu, Sorekayi in Kannada. I try to include sorakkai in our menu at least once in a week. So I keep looking for different recipes with bottle gourd.
Recently I came across this Surakkai kulambu in Mullai’s blog. Recipe sounded more like kurma kulambu with all the whole garam masala in it. As usual I made it directly in my pressure cooker to ease the job. It came out so well with a layer of oil floating on top.
Friends, do try this easy and yummy Sorakkai kuzhambu. You will love it. You can use chow chow/ Chayote, snake gourd instead of Sorakkai.
Sorakkai kuzhambu recipe for rice, roti in a pressure cooker
Category: Side dish
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
HOW TO MAKE SORAKKAI KUZHAMBU
- Wash and slice the skin of bottle gourd. Chop into cubes.
- Grind all the ingredients given under “ to grind” to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- Saute onion, curry leaves, green chilli, tomato, ginger, garlic pieces, chopped bottle gourd till tomato turns mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add the ground coconut paste along with required water. Mix well.
- Pressure cook in low flame for one whistle. Open the cooker after the steam is released.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or roti.
METHOD – STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Try this easy, healthy and one pot sorakkai kuzhambu for rice and roti. You will love it
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings