Last updated on February 23rd, 2023 at 09:30 pm
Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore with Adi Yogi near Chikkaballapur is now open to the public. Though it is still under construction, you can visit the place and see the exquisite Adi Yogi statue and Naga mantapa. You can combine this with perennial favourite Nandi Hills for a lovely one-day trip.
Here is a detailed one-day trip itinerary for visiting Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore near Chikkaballapur and Nandi Hills from Bangalore.
If you want to go only to Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore, it will be a half day trip. We suggest in that case go in the morning when it is not hot. Alternatively you may do Isha Yoga Centre in first half and do Nandi in second half
We recently went to Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore which has Adi Yogi statue and Naga Mantapa. The place is situated near Chikkaballapur on the Bangalore – Hyderabad highway.
The location of the centre is in a bowl surrounded by rolling hills. The place is under construction. However, the Adi Yogi statue is complete and so is the Naga Mantapa. It will however take another year or two for the whole project to be completed.
This is the 26th in the series of one day trips from Bangalore. If you want to explore more places around Bangalore, please click here – One day Trips with detailed itineraries you can do from Bangalore.
The Circuit – Bangalore – Nandi Hills – Bhoga Nandishwara Temple – Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore – Bangalore
Google map of circuit – https://goo.gl/maps/Q8RGZgc44ZoiRLGL6
Distance – 181 KMs
Road condition – Excellent. Last four KMs to Isha Yoga centre Bangalore is being done and there is no problem.
7 AM – Depart from home. Those who are in North and East Bangalore, it is easy to hit Airport road. For those of us staying in South Bangalore you have to either wade through the city or go via NICE road and exit at Tumkur road. Take the first available U Turn and then turn left at Peenya junction and continue on Outer Ring Road till you reach Airport road.
8 AM – You can have your breakfast in India Paratha Company or Nandi Upachar or Srinidhi Vaibhavaon the highway.
9 AM – Depart for Nandi hills. Drive on the highway for few kilometres and then turn left at the prominent signage. Drive on the good road and follow the signage. As you start climbing the hill, the road turns curvy with few hair pin bends. Make sure you drive safe.
10 AM – Arrive at Nandi hills. Spend two hours exploring the hills – Tippu Drop, Shiva temple, the birth place of Arkavathy river, Cubbon house – the British bungalow built for Lord Cubbon, check out few viewpoints – The KSTDC restaurant has some fabulous views.
12 Noon – Depart from the hill and come to Bhoga Nandishwara temple in Nandi village. A lovely temple built during Vijayanagar period – 16th century -, it is a photographers’ paradise. The huge Temple tank and surroundings are peaceful. Appreciate the sculptural heritage of the temple.
1.30 PM – Depart temple. Head to Hotel Ruchira for lunch.
3 PM – After lunch drive to Isha Yoga Centre. 30 mins of drive through village and hilly terrain circumventing Harihara Hill will take you to the parking area of Isha Yoga Centre. As you enter the village look out for lovely ponds in the stone quarries on the right side!
After parking your car walk to the Naga mantapa. A 10 feet Nagadeva statue is impressive. You can buy flowers at the ” Offerings stall” for Rs 20 and worship the god yourself. The view of Adi Yogi statue from here is beautiful as the mantapa is on a high ground.
After Naga Mantapa, you can walk down for a closer look of Adi Yogi statue. The place is being done up and once done one can go closer to the statue as in Isha Yoga Centre at Coimbatore.
On 15 Jan 23, there was a consecretion of Yogeshwra Linga and innauguration of Adi Yogi statue. The statue looks like this now.
4.30 PM – Depart for Bangalore. On the way you can have coffee/tea/Snacks at Nandi Upachar or Srinidhi Vaibhava or Nandagokula
- This is an easy drive and one day trip. If you want to do only Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore, then go straight on the highway and turn to the place from the highway after Chikkaballapur. This can be done as a half day trip.
- Avoid weekends if possible as both places will be crowded.
- Visitors to Isha can take part in the many offerings and processes available at the Yogeshwar Linga and Naga shrine, and experience the Adiyogi Divya Darshanam every evening.
- There will be laser show on weekends between 7.15 PM to 7.30 PM. You may stay back if you wish to.
- At present, Isha yoga centre is under construction. There is no cover. Carry a good hat. It will be hot in the afternoons especially in summer. The place is not elderly/physically challenged friendly at present. Elders have to stay at Naga Mantapa.
- Isha yoga Centre can be clubbed with other interesting places like Avalabetta or Gudibande Fort for a one day trip instead of Nandi Hills.
- If you have time and energy, you can do a short climb to the Shiva temple atop Harihara Hill.
- If you have time, you can also visit lovely Devanahalli Fort and Tipu Sultan birthplace which is dot on the highway.
We thank you for stoppingby and checking out this post on Isha Yoga Centre Bangalore. We hope you liked it.
May we request you to share it among your friends and inspire them to travel?
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings