Did you know that now you can see Adiyogi at Chikkaballapura? You do not have to go to Coimbatore to see this beautiful structure. Just travelling about 55 kilometres from Bengaluru, you can witness this amazing Adiyogi statue at Isha foundation Chikkaballapura.
PIN for later reference
This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
About Isha foundation Chikkaballapura
Located in Chikkaballapura district of Karnataka, Isha foundation Chikkaballapura is now open to public. The original and main Isha foundation is at Coimbatore and this is an extension to the main centre.
Timings and entrance fee
Isha foundation Chikkaballapura is open to public from 6 AM to 8 PM everyday. And there is no entrance fee to go visit it. The cost is only for the parking and below are the parking charges:
- Bike – Rupees 20.
- Car – Rupees 50.
- Bus/Truck – Rupees 100.
- The premises is still under construction so be prepared to walk between mud, dust and stones.
- Footwear is left outside the Naga Mantapa and you need to walk till Adiyogi statue, which is not that convenient for elders.
- You can take pictures only of Adiyogi statue and rest all places you cannot take pictures.
- Wear appropriate clothing as this is a religious site.
- You need only about 2 to 3 hours to visit Isha foundation Chikkaballapura. So, this can be done as a half a day trip from Bangalore.
- Most part of the road/ highway is very good. It is only the last stretch that it not developed and you will need to drive on muddy path.
- Be prepared for a lot of crowd, especially on holidays and weekends.
- The best time to visit is during the morning as there is less crowd.
Things to see and do at Isha foundation Chikkaballapura
At the entrance of the complex is the Naga mantapa. Naga in Kannada means snake, and this Naga mantapa is built in a belief that Naga protects the area and the people around. There are 112 sculptures of snakes.
- Photography is not allowed at this mantapa.
Standing tall at 112 feet, the Adiyogi statue is a replica of the Adiyogi statue of Coimbatore. The height of the statue (112 feet) symbolises the 112 possibilities of attaining moksha and there are 112 chakras in human body. The statue was unveiled in January 2023.
- [Update: 5 March 2023] As there is construction still happening, you cannot go very close to the Adiyogi statue on the stairs, like the Coimbatore one. But you can go close enough to take good pictures.
Just below Adiyogi statue, there is a meditation hall where you can do the jal (water) visthan to Shiva linga. It is a meditation centre where visitors are requested to maintain silence so people can sit around the linga and meditate.
- [Update: 5 March 2023] This is under construction so it is not a meditation hall where you can peacefully meditate.
Laser show (sound and light)
The laser show called Adiyogi Divya Darshanam happens everyday at 7:30 PM. It is a 14 minutes light and sound projection on Adiyogi statue and is a story of Adiyogi and Saptha Rishis, in the voice of Sadhguru himself.
How to get to Isha foundation Chikkaballapura?
- Airport – The closest airport to Isha foundation Chikkaballapura is Kempegowda International airport in Bengaluru. Distance between airport and Isha foundation is around 45 kilometres and by road, the journey takes only an hour.
- Driving – Located in Chikkballapura district of Karnataka, Isha foundation Chikkaballapura is around 70 kilometres from Bengaluru city and by road, the drive takes around 1 hour 30 minutes. Note this route is towards airport and has toll.
- Public transportation (buses) – There are frequent buses operated by Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) between Majestic or Hebbal in Bengaluru to Chikkaballapura bus terminal. And then you need to take another bus from Chikkaballapura bus terminal to Isha foundation Chikkaballapura.
- There are also buses that operate between Bengaluru and other places (like Tirupathi) which also have a stop at Isha foundation Chikkballapura.
We, Bangaloreans, are delighted to have Adiyogi statue so close to home. The statue in Coimbatore is one of the most amazing landmarks in the south and having it here has made us so happy and proud. If you are in Bangalore, then surely plan a half day trip to this Adiyogi statue.
Have you been to Isha foundation Chikkaballapura yet? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below.
Click here to book your accommodation on Booking.com
Click here to book your tours and travels on Viator or GetYourGuide.
If you liked this article, do comment, tweet, or share this post.
Follow me on Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
Do you have a question? Or want any suggestions, and tips for travels, hikes and scuba dives? Use the Subscription box below to sign-up and get updates by email.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings