Here is a simple, basic and one of the best eggless chocolate cake recipe which can be used as a base for making black forest cake or any chocolate based cake. It comes out soft, moist and spongy. Stays good for 2 days without refrigeration.
Usually I make this cake during Christmas for Raksha’s school secret santa class party. Its a big hit among all her class mates. Friends, do try this easy eggless chocolate sponge cake recipe. You will love it for sure.
Eggless Chocolate cake recipe
Eggless Chocolate cake recipe – Moist, soft and spongy
Category: Eggless baking
Serves: 10-12 pieces
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
|1 cup = 250 ml
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup (125ml)
- Boiled milk – 1/2 cup ( at room temp) ( Vegans can use 1 cup of water instead of milk)
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon juice or White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup (60 ml)
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Sieve and mix the dry ingredients ( Maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder). Keep aside. Take the wet ingredients ( oil, water, milk, vanilla essence, vinegar) and mix well. Add sugar and stir well to dissolve it.
- To this,add the sieved maida mixture. Make a smooth batter using a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps and sugar is dissolved properly. Grease a baking tray with butter and sprinkle maida all over it OR line the baking pan with butter paper.
- The consistency of batter should be thin and falls like a thin ribbon. Pour the batter and pat the pan for even distribution of flour. Keep it ready.
- Pre heat the oven in convection mode at 180c and keep the baking pan inside the oven. Let it bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove and check it with the back of spoon or tooth pick. If it comes out clean, cake is done else bake for 5 more minutes. Let the cake cool down for 15 minutes. Invert the cake and remove it in a plate. Cover with a cotton cloth or a cling wrap. You can do icing & decorate the cake as you wish Or simply drizzle some chocolate syrup and sprinkle sugar balls. Serve & Enjoy !
- I used milk & water in equal quantity but the original recipe used only water. So Vegans can replace milk with water.
- If you trying this cake for the first time, you can just half the measures given in this recipe and try it.
- If you wish to try this cake in pressure cooker, do refer THIS POST for the procedure.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings