Looking for a quick and easy recipe for a healthy snack or party appetizer? Try making this delicious and flavourful vegetable cutlets, either traditional Indian-style with aloo or mixed veggies or vegan-friendly, baked to perfection and sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike as an evening snack or as a nod to Indian street food.
Yes, Cutlet is one of the most favourite evening snacks for many especially school going kids. Its the most popular birthday party snack too. Samosa or cutlet would be in the birthday party menu for sure. People make cutlet in different ways like plain aloo cutlet, mix veg cutlet with or without beetroot. I have tasted veg cutlet in many hotels and chat shops with beetroot. The colour and taste of beetroot would be dominating which we don’t like it. But bakery style veg cutlet without beetroot is always special to me.
Recently I saw the making of these yummy mixed veg cutlet n a bakery shop nearby my house. Procedure was so simple and quick to make. After watching that, I was searching for a similar recipe in YouTube and found one in Ravinder’s home cooking channel. I got so tempted and made it as a weekend snack for Raksha. I deep fried few for Raksha and shallow fried the remaining in a dosa tawa for us. Though both tasted great, my vote is for the deep fried ones which was exactly like the street side shop cutlets.
Friends, do try this easy and yummy mix vegetable cutlet at home and enjoy with your kids and family. With tomato ketchup as side dish, this cutlet will never fail to attract everyone in the family. Lets check out the recipe.
How to make crispy, vegetable cutlet at home
Category: Side dish
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CUTLET AT HOME
- Wash and pressure cook potato, carrot and green peas.
- Peel the skin of potato and take in a bowl. Add boiled carrot, green peas.
- Add the spice powders, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, gg paste, tomato sauce, cashews and salt.
- Mash everything well and add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 2 tbsp of rice flour or powdered poha.
- Mix well to make a non-sticky dough. Make a paste with Maida and keep the bread crumbs ready.
- Take the dough and make shapes. Dip into the Maida paste and bread crumbs.
- Arrange in a plate. Heat a dosa tawa with oil to shallow fry. Place the cutlet and cook both the sides.
- For deep frying, heat oil in a kadai and fry the cutlets on both the sides till golden. Remove in a tissue and serve with tomato ketchup.
METHOD – STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Try this easy, Veg cutlet and enjoy at home.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings